General Audition Information
Admission into Blueprint and Panorama are by audition only. Compass: Dance for Movers also requires a modified audition as explained below. Live and digital auditions for our programs take place annually in January and February. We accept students equally from both live and digital auditions. Although we would love to meet our applicants in person, we understand that this is not always possible. We are happy to review applicants who send digital auditions and accept many students who audition this way each year. Occasionally we will ask an applicant who submits their audition digitally to participate in an online video interview to complete their audition. We would contact the applicant to set this up if necessary. Many students also choose our Live Online Audition option. Information about this option can be found on the live audition page. All students are notified about audition results via email by the end of the first week in March. Students may audition for Blueprint, Panorama, Compass, a five-week option that includes both Blueprint and Panorama, or a three-week option that includes Blueprint and Compass.
Please choose the type of audition you are interested in below for detailed information about signing up for a live audition or submitting a digital audition.
Auditioning for Compass: Dance for Movers
If you are auditioning for either of our other Intensive programs, you do not need to submit a separate Compass: Dance for Movers audition. Simply check the box on your application that you would like to be considered for Compass: Dance for Movers, and proceed with your live or digital audition as instructed.
If you would like to audition for only Compass: Dance for Movers, please follow the instructions below…
- Fill out your application here and mark the box for Compass: Dance for Movers.
- Record a short movement video 1-3 minutes. (no specific style is required. You can record free movement or a piece you have learned in class or a show.)
- Record a short video answering these 2 questions…
- Why would you like to attend Compass: Dance for Movers.
- Tell us about a time that you felt challenged.
- Upload your videos to YouTube, Vimeo, or Dropbox.
- You probably want to create a private link so that your audition is not public. (This is up to you, but please make sure we are able to view the material when given the proper link.)
- Send an email to INFO@PERFORMINGARTSPROJECT.COM using the subject “Digital Submission – Compass: Dance - Your Name”.
- Attach your photo.
- Include the link or links to your videos.
- Pay the $35 application fee via the Payments page.